Even on social networking sites such as LinkedIn, privacy is very important. Though your goal is to connect with more people, you still want to find a way to protect your data and sensitive information, including the things you search on Google.
有些人认为LinkedIn是利用他们的搜索历史记录来推荐 "你可能认识的人 "功能。然而，LinkedIn使用的算法比这更广泛。LinkedIn为这些推荐使用了不同的来源，如行业、以前的工作、当前的工作、职位、你的LinkedIn Profile中使用的关键词、你参加的群组、你关注的公司、地区和你的LinkedIn网络。
Sometimes, LinkedIn will ask you if you know a person 因为他们要确保用户不会向不认识的人发送大量的连接邀请。
LinkedIn’s “People You May Know” feature, found on the “My Network” page, suggests other members to connect with based on your commonalities. Profiles listed there may have shared connections, or have similar profile information. There is nothing to suggest that LinkedIn uses search engine results to come up with these recommendations. Our clients that use Kennected, the world’s #1 LinkedIn自动化 platform, show up on more people’s suggested results because of the number of connections they have. Want to show up more frequently? Schedule a demo and see how Kenencted can help you grow your business.
Similarly, LinkedIn does not scan the content of your messages to suggest results for the “People You May Know” feature. The platform respects your privacy.
默认情况下，当你访问别人的资料时，对方会收到一个通知。他们也可以在他们的 谁查看了你的资料页. However, you can change this setting directly from LinkedIn in order to view profiles anonymously. Just take note that when you browse profiles anonymously, you will also become unable to see who has viewed your own profile.
There are three ways LinkedIn can display information on the “Who’s Viewed Your Profile” page. You can set it according to your preferences. You may choose to display one of the following:
- Your profile characteristics such as job title, company, and school
- You can set your profile to show as “LinkedIn Member” for anonymity
- This lets you control what people see when you view their profile. You can update your profile viewing options from the “Settings & Privacy” page. Just click the “Me” icon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage and select “Settings & Privacy” from the dropdown
- Click the Privacy tab at the top of the page and select “Change” under the “How others see your LinkedIn activity” section, next to Profile viewing options
- Click “Change” next to Profile viewing options, and any changes will be saved automatically