A user’s public profile displays a simplified version of their LinkedIn profile. They may customize their public profile settings in order to set limits on how much information is displayed on the profile page. LinkedIn allows its users to simply turn profile sections on and off to select what appears on public search engines.
A person’s public LinkedIn profile is visible to people who aren’t members, aren’t signed in to LinkedIn, and those who have not yet linked their LinkedIn account to their accounts on other approved services. However, these are subject to the user’s visibility settings.
If for any reason you want to hide your LinkedIn profile from other users, you can use the site’s visibility preferences on the “Profile Visibility” settings page.
Keep in mind that when you hide your public profile, it won’t appear in search engines. It will also be hidden from non-LinkedIn members. This means those with LinkedIn accounts can still see your LinkedIn profile.
Hide Your Profile
- Click the “Me” icon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage
- Click “View Profile“, and then “Edit public profile & URL” on the right side of your profile
- Under the “Edit Visibility” section on the right side, toggle “Your profile’s public visibility” to “Off“
- Tap your profile picture > “View profile“
- Tap the Settings icon
- Tap “Privacy” > “Edit your public profile“
- From the “Edit Visibility” section, toggle “Your profile’s public visibility” to “Off“