LinkedIn provides multiple methods of uploading your resume, so that you don’t miss out on one of the most effective ways to get recruited on this platform. You have the option to upload it to job applications or display your resume on your profile
But if for any reason you want to hide or remove your resume from LinkedIn, then you also need to know how to do it. You can customize your privacy and visibility settings according to your preferences: this includes showing or hiding your resume.
To show or customize your public profile:
- Click on the Me icon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage, and then click “View profile“
- Click on “Edit public profile & URL” on the right rail
- You can select which sections you would like to display or hide under the “Edit Visibility” section on the right rail
Your basic information displays by default. Changes you make are saved automatically.
How to Hide LinkedIn Resume Changes
If you simply want to update your resume without updating everyone about it, you can hide your LinkedIn resume changes by limiting the broadcasting. Follow these steps below to update your profile:
- First, you have to click your name on the top right of the LinkedIn website and select Settings from the drop-down menu
- Next, click “Turn on/off your activity broadcasts” next to Profile under “Privacy Controls“
- Uncheck the box for “Let people know when you change your profile, make recommendations, or follow companies”, then click “Save Changes“
- After this, you can also click “Who can see your connections” in the Settings menu to prevent other people from seeing your connections
- Set the drop-down menu to “Only You” and then click “Save Changes“
How to Remove Your Resume from Your LinkedIn Profile
An out-of-date resume should not stay on your LinkedIn profile because it is less attractive to recruiters. As you might recall, you should have inserted your resume document into the Summary by editing it. The good news is that you can easily remove the PDF or Word document that you uploaded as media to your LinkedIn Summary section. To do so,
- Click the Me icon and select “View Profile“
- Click the pencil icon on the Summary section. You will find the resume file under the Media section near the bottom of the editing interface
- Click on the document and the text “Delete this Media” will appear beneath the file
- Click this text and the file will be removed from your profile
Afterwards, you’ll be able to upload a newly updated version of your resume to LinkedIn.
How to Delete Your Resume from LinkedIn
In addition to the resume you placed on your profile, you also might want to remove the resumes that LinkedIn automatically saved when you were applying for jobs on the site. LinkedIn saves up to four of the most recent resumes that you attached to job applications, which is handy because people sometimes use different versions of their resume tailored to different jobs. This can be cleared from your privacy settings.
- Click the Me icon at the top of any LinkedIn page and then choose “Settings & Privacy” from the dropdown menu
- Choose the Privacy tab and then click on “Job Seeking Preferences” from the left column
- Click “Change” next to the heading “Job Application” and then slide the button next to “Save Onsite Application Answers” to OFF
This will delete the old resume that you used for previous job hunts. If you use LinkedIn for lead generation, use a high quality automation tool like Kennected. Kennected lets you send personalized messages and follow-ups automatically while saving you time on prospecting. Kennected uses laser-accurate data to find the ideal clients for you – try Kennected today!
Looking for a way to hide your resume on Linkedin?— The Kennected Network 🚀 (@Kennected_org) July 11, 2020
LinkedIn provides multiple methods of uploading your resume, so that you don’t miss out on one of the most effective ways to get recruited on this platform. https://t.co/zRY9WTkR3i
#Linkedinautomation #Leadgeneration #Leads pic.twitter.com/xv0ME4lkoW